Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Creativity and a Winner!




 
To live a creative life....
We have a winner from Monday's post:
Kitty A.
 
"Love your new blog and the card is super great! My home is beige and neutrals because I crave the light feel and calmness it gives. Shopping in a mall, looking on Pinterest, and seeing your creations gives me tons of creative sparks.. For instance, now I "need" the wonderful products you showcased today. Thanks!"
 
  Kitty, thank you for your comment on what helps you get the creativity flowing.... I have a package of goodies ready for you. Email me at stampsnsmiles@gmail.com to let me know what mailbox they need to arrive at.


And I feel like a winner also!
Did you see that cute bow on the framed piece above? I came away from our last team meeting with that sweet framed saying, along with the stamped candle holders! Each month we have a hand-crafted door prize and they are always fun to look forward to. Would you like to be part of a team also? Check out my "Why Join My Team" page!

So back to the bow.... it's so easy to create and thank you Becky for the idea and the wonderful new addition to my stamping room.

Here's one I created last evening.

 
And here's the how-to:
 
Punch out four ovals - mine were using the Extra-Large Oval Punch, but any size will do.

 
Fold two of them in half and adhere using a Glue Dot.
Cut a "V" from the remaining two as shown.

Adhere the two sides of the bow as shown using Glue Dots. Cut a 1/4" strip for the center.

 
Adhere together using Glue Dots... cute, cute!


 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is a first peek to your blog from me. Love that bow, how cute and easy. Thank you for sharing.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing. Did you adhere the two sides together before wrapping the 1/4" strip? Thanks for your help.

Unknown said...

Leslie,
I did adhere the two sides together first. Just overlap them a tad.
Penny

Unknown said...

LOVE this easy to follow tutorial Penny !! I will have to share it with my customers if you don't mind. I am your newest follower - come visit me on my blog if you get a moment !! www.catherinelovesstamps.com Cheers !!

Leni said...

i am going to try this bow! Thank you fir sharing!