Friday, November 7, 2014

Autumn Wooden Elements

 
Today I have for you a simple card with just a tad of stamping but it packs a beautiful punch! 
 
I was delighted to discover that two of the leaves included in the Fall Fest Framelits set actually are identical to two of the leaves in Autumn Wooden Elements .... kind of wondering what happened to the others, but I'll take what I have, I suppose.

 
I laid out the initial concept using the wooden elements to make sure their little stems didn't get all tangled up together.
 
 
I'm happy with "hello Fall" popped up on an oval - but I'll admit it was to cover my embossing goof up!  I got so excited with the idea of the card that I broke my golden rule of "stamp first!" and I wasn't about to toss it. So I just covered it up.
 
 
The card base is created using Crumb Cake card stock. I then added a layer of Very Vanilla which I just hand cut into a swoopy kind of deal.

 
Using your Magnetic Platform, which nicely holds your Framelits in place, begin cutting your leaves along the curve as shown .If you don't have one of these babies yet, how do you live without it? Put it on your Christmas list!

 
Rather interesting looking until you adhere it to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals (pretty much my best stamping friend!) and then add on your wooden leaves.
 

And look how sweetly they just fit in there - lovin' it! Now how about creating one with card stock leaves .... or a little DSP or ..... perhaps I'll be back with a few other ideas for you soon.
 
And about that Magnetic Platform - order it here!
 
Magnetic Platform 130658

 
Autumn Wooden Accents 135846
 
 
 
Fall Fest Bundle 137628
 
 
 

1 comment:

aBlessedChaos said...

What a brilliant idea.mthanks for the tutorial.